Kid Rock Is Done Boycotting Bud Light

Earlier this year, conservatives across the country boycotted Anheuser-Busch after the beverage conglomerate partnered with a trans influencer for a marketing campaign. Kid Rock made headlines in April after he posted a video online shooting cans of Bud Light and sharing some choice words for the company.

Now, several months later, Kid Rock is satisfied with the results of the boycott and won’t be continuing with it. Bud Light sales are down nearly 30 percent year-over-year, per Forbes, and the “All Summer Long” singer is declaring victory.

“They deserved a black eye, and they got one,” he told Tucker Carlson in a recent interview. “Do I want to hold their head underwater and drown them because they made a mistake? No, I think they got the message.”

“There’s nothing wrong with giving a spanking,” he added. “You don’t spank them for the rest of their life.”

“Someone gets taught a lesson, you said ‘We made a mistake,’ alright man, let’s move on,” he concluded. “We’ve done it for a whole lot worse.”

While some conservative voices like Kid Rock are ready to crack open cans of Bud Light again, others have been opposed to ending the boycott that started earlier this year. Megyn Kelly questioned why some were saying the boycott was over and wasn’t happy that Kid Rock “folded.” Matt Walsh echoed a similar sentiment: “If we back away from this victory now it will show that we’ve learned nothing and don’t want to win,” he said.

Meanwhile, other public figures like UFC CEO Dana White have been enjoying drinking Bud Light for months.

Copyright 2023 A360 Media. All rights reserved.

This story was originally published December 15, 2023, 6:15 PM.


source: star-telegram

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *