This position is 100% travel – Candidates can be based out of anywhere in the US.
Established Solar Tracking manufacturer/installation company is seeking a Traveling Construction Manager/Owners rep to act as a subject matter expert working with subcontractors to install their Tracking products on large scale ground mount solar sites throughout the US.
This is a salaried position ranging from $85-90K, depending on experience
Holiday and vacation included
This is a Long term contract position
Utility scale Solar Construction management or Solar tracker installation management experience is required.
The goal of the Field Engineer is to facilitate a positive experience with The Client. He/she ensures that products and Installation out-perform customer expectations and are of the highest quality possible and develops customer loyalty by optimizing the product to the customer’s needs and providing great technical onsite support services on the Solar Tracking product.
- Provides technical support for customers on sites throughout the US, ensuring a best in class customer experience and providing product and systems expertise to maximize customer value. subject matter expert, field engineer.
- Translate and interpret wiring/ construction schematics to support Construction installation. Civil, Structural and Electrical.
- Adherence to OSHA safety regulations and Safety standards. Ensures no employee or subcontractor operations proceed without proper safety compliance.
- Responsible party for conducting, documenting and reporting safety meetings.
- Assist in preplanning of projects including plan review and comments, manpower, project sequencing, material takeoffs, material requisitions and reviewing subcontractors scopes of work.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with project managers, project engineers and client.
- Work with Project Management to develop accurate construction schedule forecasts and to create daily reports to track construction progress, material deliveries, installation issues, tool issues and others site activity.
- Work directly and in conjunction with subcontractors, temporary labor, Electricians and employees on planning, scheduling of construction and quality control applications.
- Train and support a large-scale work force, upwards of 300 personnel plus subcontractors.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the personal, temporary labor and subs on issues concerning electrical and building components/ applications.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5 years of solar construction experience, of that at least 2-3 years in a leadership role
• Strong understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office/reporting.
• Understanding of construction math and strong problem solving skills.
• Strong self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Proven ability to maintain client relationships.
• Safe Working Practice
• Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget.
• Willing to travel up to 100% of the time.
• Previous solar electricity experience highly desired.
All hotel, flights and per diem will be paid when traveling.
Will be issued a company vehicle when traveling
If interested please Call Abraham 562-566-4725 to submit your resume.
Key Words: Construction manager, Utility scale Solar, Superintendent, PV panels, Construction, supervisor, owners representative. On site manager. Travel, Per diem, sub-contractors. Reporting. Solar farm, Solar Fields, filed engineer
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.