Anesthesia technology is a growing health care profession focusing on clinical procedures
that assist anesthesia providers in hospital or other clinical settings.
Why choose Anesthesia Technology?
- Administer safe & efficient care to patients receiving anesthesia
- Prepare & maintain sophisticated medical equipment
- Have choices in your work environment because anesthesia technologists work in a variety
of clinical settings including:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Outpatient facilities
- Work in a health care profession with a bright job growth outlook
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Use sterile procedures & techniques when preparing & testing anesthesia care equipment
- Transport & transfer patients
- Help monitor patients during treatments & procedures
- Work collaboratively with surgical teams to provide safe, effective perioperative
Explore the professional organization
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Anesthesia Technology is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Anesthesia Technology program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.